Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend Day 1

After being apart for 9 days since I last saw Guy at his home town, Guy decided to come down to Toronto for the Easter long weekend. I wanted to make sure it would be an eventful and memorable weekend for both of us, so I planned the agenda of the weekend starting on Tuesday. I was also very excited because we will be trying a lot of things together for the first time (either for me or him) as well.

Guy arrived Toronto on Thursday night around 12pm, I ran downstairs to receive him. He gave me a bear hug and a big kiss when he saw me. We later walked Furby to the park after we found a parking spot for the car. Guy brought a few things for me from home, a wooden paddle he really likes, a floral painting that I really like and also a photo frame with a label in the middle saying 'You are so beautiful’. He said that because he want to say that to me everyday, so if he misses a day, I can just look at the photo and remember that I am always so beautiful in his eyes. I had to push him and tell him to “Stop It” when he told me that…*blushed*
Next morning, we woke up at around 9pm. Took Furby out for a walk and then I took him to the hair salon that I always go to get a hair cut. Guy was very uneasy about the fact going to a hair salon. He said to me that it was always one of his biggest fears of going to the hair salon. He said he always had long hair because he didn’t really want to deal with the fact that people need to cut their hair so often. I promised him that I would have the stylist to leave the hair long and have the style to his like. He felt at ease after and our journey started. After careful discussion with the stylist, guy got his first haircut in Toronto. He said it will take him a few days to get used to it but he definitely likes it. I personally like it so much that I can’t stop looking at him. The only part that ruins the experience is my stylist totally messed up my hairstyle. I was looking like a old lady with the hair style she set me up with. Guy was nice enough to tell me that he likes the hairstyle a lot even though I kept on nagging about it. LOL
After the haircut, we went to the nearby Korean Restaurant for lunch. Lots food and lots dishes and great price of course. Guy loves Kimchi; he kept on saying that it is so good. I later realized that Guy could take spicier food than I do. It is great to find a partner that can share the same habit as I do as I really think it would really suck if I have to be with someone who cannot take spicy food at all. It is too bad that we didn’t have a chance to visit a Japanese restaurant this weekend or else I would really love to see Guy’s reaction when it comes to Wasabi. But I know we will have plenty of chances to try that in the future so I will save the surprise till later date.
Since my fridge is completely empty, I asked Guy to take me to shop at T&T. Yes, the Chinese supermarket that we Taiwanese are proud of. There are so many people in the supermarket when we arrive, lots good deals as well. Guy was definitely intrigued when he saw all the fishes and sea animals in the tank. He laughed and told me “HONEY, look at this craziness. That is so wild” lol. I realized that I forgot to mention to him that selling live fish in the tank is the real CHINESE STYLE. :P So they are definitely fresh and you can pick your own fish as well. I bought so much food that day, the ladies behind us looked at my cart and said “Oh my god, is she moving or something” in Taiwanese, I laughed and she realized that I understand her so she went silent after. It could create chaos when you shop in a Chinese grocery store, too many good deals, too many people and too much things to see. You really have to be patient because it could take you hours waiting in line but the price you are getting is definitely worth the wait. I was happy that I had some food in the fridge so I can cook some food during the weekend.

We came home at 5pm and decided to cancel our dinner reservation tonight at the downtown restaurant since we were still so full from lunch. We decided to snooze for an hour and got ready to go to Panorama – the restaurant that allows you to see the panoramic view of entire Downtown Toronto and also the highest patio. I have only been to Panorama twice before my visit with Guy. This is Guy’s first time in Panorama and my third time. The entrance fee is 5 dollars each to enter the 51st floor. It was a very busy night, we had to wait to get a table so we ended up going to the bar and stayed there for the night. We ordered pizza and quesadillas and it tasted really good. The pizza has spicy polish sausage in it and Guy really liked it. I really enjoy the Guatemala sauce with our quesadillas as well. We later walked out to the patio and enjoyed the view, since it was still so cold outside. We got to cuddle for a bit sitting on the sofa outside when looking at the view of downtown Toronto. It was fairly cold outside that night but we both felt really warm in each other’s arm. “What a great day” Guy said to me when we got home. He gave me a kiss and told me that “Baby, thank you for the great day” I blushed and told him that “Thank you for coming up to see me, Sweetie”.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment